It is one of the fundamental attributes of a diamond and refers to how “white” a stone is.
Diamonds are color graded according to the GIA color scale.
Scale measures grades from D to Z; D is rated as the colorless and most expensive.
Cut Rate Diamonds offer diamonds in a color range from D to K; not below it.
What is a Diamond Color?
Color is a major quality factor among the 4C’s of Diamond, i.e. Clarity, Carat Weight and Cut.
Diamonds are found in many colors;
- Some are colorless which are rarely found and expensive.
- Others, available with tints of yellow or brown are not so costly.
What is the Diamond Color Scale?
The GIA color scale is trusted worldwide for determining the color of a diamond. Cut Rate Diamonds offers GIA certified diamonds and follow the same color scale.
The Color Grading Scale starts with the alphabet D and ends at Z. However, we tend to serve our customers with the high quality diamonds and therefore, we serve diamonds in the range of D to K only.
What Color is Right for Me?
The selection of the diamond color will depend on the customer’s choice completely. And yes, the budget will also affect your choice.
Have a look at the color grades you can select from:
- COLOR D: It is the highest color grade attribute for a diamond. A diamonds with D grade is completely colorless (white).
- COLOR E: If you are not an expert, the difference between D and E diamond will not be visible to you. It is also colorless.
- COLOR F: It falls lowest in the class of premium (colorless) diamonds.
- COLOR G: From the grade G, starts the range of nearly colorless diamonds. There is a slight color difference from the premium category.
- COLOR H: Another nearly colorless diamond, which may appear white to you. But, when compared with the premium category, the difference is visible to the naked eye.
- COLOR I: These diamonds are very slightly tinted. But, if set appropriately in jewelry, it may appear colorless.
- COLOR J: Diamonds of J grade are slightly come with a yellow tint and they are best used with yellow gold.
- COLOR K: Another yellow tinted diamonds which are made especially for yellow gold.
- COLOR K – Z: Cut Rate Diamonds offers only stones in the higher range of D-K. We believe in delivering quality diamonds and diamonds with grades from L to Z are lower clarity grades.
How Do Prices Vary According To Colors?
The color grades have a great effect on the total cost of diamonds.
- While the D grade diamonds are extremely rare and command the highest prices.
- In the premium category, E and F graded stones are slightly cheaper.
- For those who are looking for nearly colorless diamonds and offer excellent value for money, can opt for G and H grades.
- If you want diamond with yellow gold, I and J can offers the best value for money with colorless effect.
- To fit ideally in the smaller budgets, K grade diamonds are a great option, providing fantastic value for money.